Sunday, April 3, 2011

Everything is OK in the Czech Republic

A few years ago I had the pleasure of working on a project that proves that you can work with other countries and that we all share a somewhat common language. I read blueprints in a language that I had never seen before - Czech. The good thing is that the symbols and measurements on the blueprints made perfect sense to me and I could make out what each part was even though I could not read the words on the paper. Interesting. I did most of my work in Australia without having seen the property in the Czech Republic. The person that I was working with, was fantastic in her communications to me so that made it easy and feasible.

The furniture was made by a local artist to fit the style of the area. Drawings were supplied to provide concepts and we personally met and agreed timber to be used.

Window treatments and bed linen was chosen in the USA and sent to Frankfort for storage until the property was ready for installation.

This property is available for rental. It is a perfect place to go for a wedding or a family gathering. There is also wheelchair access if you need it. I must say, this is a beautiful part of the world. More on this project coming . . . .










No comments:

Post a Comment